Flowers are one of the most popular gifts across the globe – and the possibilities are endless.
So, how do you choose which flowers to send on a particular occasion or to a certain loved one?
Well, it all comes down to the secret meaning behind every flower. To take the guesswork out of choosing the right flowers, we’ve created a guide to flower meanings, to help you decide which flowers to send to who – and when to send them.
What do your flowers really mean?
Although flowers are the go-to gift to show a loved one your care, each variety has its special meaning that sets it apart.
Flower symbolism goes back thousands of years, and different cultures and religious groups have used flowers to express feelings and emotions. For example:
- Red roses represent love, passion, and romance.
- Flowers such as sunflowers, daisies, and chrysanthemums represent innocence, purity, and joy.
- Orchids represent beauty, grace, and wealth.
- The lily, although a symbol of death in some cultures, represents purity, beauty, and resurrection.
Flowers carry romance wherever they go. That’s why the right flowers can say everything in a single moment – especially if you’re feeling tongue-tied around the love of your life.
At TouchNote, we believe in the power of classics. And what tells a person you love them more clearly than a bouquet of red roses?
Red roses are one of the oldest and most recognized flowers in the world. Red roses symbolize romance, beauty, and sensuality.
Even back in medieval times, roses were given as tokens of affection, which has led to a bouquet of red roses becoming the traditional expression of love. Why not send your loved one our breathtaking Lovely Day Bouquet to let them know how special they are to you?
Vibrant flowers, like our ‘Let’s Celebrate’ Bouquet are a natural choice for a new home. No matter where you are in the world, flowers with bright and colorful petals symbolize happiness, joy, and new beginnings.
Daffodils are the perfect flowers to give as housewarming gifts or even as gifts for new moms because they represent hope and positivity. Their joyful appearance makes them a great way to show your support and best wishes for a bright future.
Help bring a sense of calm to your loved one’s big move, no matter where in the world they’ve traveled to. TouchNote offers quick and safe flower deliveries (UK only).
For Mother’s Day, it is common to send bouquets of flowers that are Full of Delight.
Lilies are a classic Mother’s Day gift. They traditionally symbolise purity, new life and rebirth. Making them the perfect gift for Mother’s Day.
If you know the mother in your life prefers something less traditional, why not try a bouquet of sweet violets? Violets symbolize devotion and loyalty, making them the perfect way to say thank you to those incredible individuals who have always been there for us, showing us their love and support.
Flowers are the best way to show your mom how much you care. TouchNote’s unique delivery service lets you easily pick out the best flowers for her and have them mailed quickly and conveniently through her letterbox.
Flowers by relationship
Flowers are a big deal.
We offer you a new way to send flowers, any time, anywhere, and to anyone. Send a range of bouquets to bring happiness and joy to those who matter most to you.
- For Parents – Tulips symbolize unconditional love, making them the perfect gift for parents. Parents adore an extra personal touch, so give that extra burst of joy to a stunning hand-picked bouquet by pairing it with a personalized card.
- For Siblings – Bluebells symbolize kindness and humility, making a bouquet of them for siblings a great idea – especially to apologize for any sibling rivalry that may have gotten out of hand!
- For Best Friends – If you want to show your best friend how much you care, yellow roses are the way to go. They symbolize happiness and new beginnings, making them the perfect gesture for renewing or sustaining a friendship. Send a vase full of these fragrant flowers or a potted rose plant for their garden.
Finding the perfect flower gift for everyone you love is simple. With our large variety of flowers, you are sure to find ones that suit any relationship.
Send meaningful flowers with TouchNote
It’s important to remember that flowers always leave behind a beautiful memory.
Sending flowers by mail with TouchNote’s letterbox delivery (currently only available in the UK) is the perfect way to ensure those memorable flowers get delivered safely and without any inconvenience to your loved one. They won’t have to answer the door to the postman and can go about their day without having to wait for a delivery.
Need to send flowers on the go? Get the TouchNote app today and send a special touch of kindness with a beautiful bouquet and personalized card.