While holiday traditions are ever-changing, one tradition that will never die is sharing greeting cards with your friends, family and loved ones. Personalised Christmas cards are an easy way to wish those close to you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Writing a Christmas card can be difficult, especially if you’re uncertain about what to write. Space is limited in greeting cards and trying to capture everything you want to say in just a few words can be trickier than not expanding your waistline over the Christmas season.
At this time of year, it’s important to be mindful of what you’re writing in your card. Christmas can be tough for some, so if you’re writing for someone who has had a tough year, remember to keep it light and not be too self-indulgent. Nonetheless, if you’re feeling uninspired on what to write this year, we’ve got festive ideas to use in each and every card you want to send this Christmas.
Show your friends how much you appreciate them with personalised messages about the great times that you’ve had together and why they’re essential to you.
- “Thank you for being a friend this year and being there for me when I’ve needed you”
- “Your friendship is the greatest gift I could ask for”
- “Wishing you a very merry Christmas and hopefully 3 points for Arsenal on Boxing Day”
- “Here’s to another year of making memories, having laughs and spending too many late nights together”
- “I hope that you and your family have a safe and relaxing holiday season”
- “Our friendship means the world to me. I can’t imagine being besties with anyone else”
The majority of us will spend Christmas with our families. Sometimes, it’s the only time you’ll be able to spend time together. Whether you’re writing a card for a close relative or a distant cousin, your Christmas card message should be warm and show the love you have for one another.
- “I’m forever grateful that I have parents like you to share my Christmas with”
- “I’m so glad we’re family. I’m thankful for the memories and the time shared together”
- “I love spending Christmas with you but please don’t bring up anything controversial at the dinner table this year”
- “Thank you for making every Christmas memorable. I cherish each and every one we spend together”
- “You’re the best son/daughter I could ever ask for. Seeing you turn into the person you are today is an incredible gift”
- “Merry Christmas to the person everyone in the family looks up to”
For Loved Ones
It’s a special time of year to show your special one how much they mean to you. It’s also a great opportunity to be flirty and romantic in your message to your boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancé, husband or wife.
- “There’s no one else I’d rather make Christmas memories with”
- “Baby it’s cold outside. Let’s stay close to keep warm”
- “You are the greatest present I could ever ask for”
- “Forget the mistletoe, you can kiss me whenever you want”
- “Getting to be yours was top of my Christmas list this year”
- “You’re on my nice list, but I don’t mind if you get onto my naughty list”
For a Laugh
Sometimes, a warm and heartfelt message just doesn’t feel right. Christmas is a cheerful holiday, so it’s the perfect time to instil some cheeky and cheesy humour into your messages. Put a smile on your loved one’s face with an amusing and punny card.
- “Yule always be my favourite”
- “I think we have great chemis-tree”
- “You’re a gift in my life – but I may return you for something different”
- “All I want for Christmas is you! And a car, a new house, a holiday, new shoes…”
- “I think you forgot that Santa watches you because he has a few questions”
- “May you enjoy the holiday season… until the credit card bill arrives”
For Those Who Find Christmas Difficult
Christmas can be a very challenging time for people. The holiday season can come with mixed emotions so letting people know you’re thinking of them during a difficult time of year can go a long way.
- “I’m so grateful to have you in my life”
- “Thank you for being you. We’re always here for you no matter what”
- “Don’t put pressure on yourself to feel merry. Take time to relax, recharge and heal this Christmas”
- “Sending you love and hugs this Christmas. Take care of yourself”
- “Christmas can remind us of what we’ve lost. But, you will never lose the love of those close to you”
- “I know you go quiet this time of year. Please reach out to me if you need a friend”
For Those You Can’t Be With
Not everyone can spend the holiday season together. If you’re looking to send a card to a family member or friend who you won’t get to see at Christmas, let them know that you’re missing them and want them here to celebrate.
- “I wish you were here with me”
- “I can’t wait to see you. A catch-up is long overdue!”
- “We may not be together this year for Christmas, but you’ll be with me in my mind and heart”
- “Missing you even more at this time of year. I wish you and your family the best of Christmasses”
- “Christmas won’t be the same without you here. I miss you!”
- “Do you think Santa will be able to fit you in his sleigh so I can see you?”
Send Christmas cards with TouchNote.
With worldwide delivery offered on all cards, there’s no excuse not to send this Christmas.
Explore our range of incredible Christmas card designs and add a personal touch with photos, stamps and stickers. Include a handpicked gift and show your friends, family and loved ones how much you care this Christmas.