Thanksgiving is the time of year when we often find ourselves thinking about those who are important to us and what we have in our lives. In a world with increasing complications, there is still so much to be thankful for.
Sending a thoughtful card to those closest to you is a lovely way to show your appreciation. Whether you want to thank someone for being a good friend or for simply being themselves, saying those two simple words could make someone’s holiday.
Who can I send a thanksgiving card to?
You can send a card to anyone and everyone! There isn’t an individual who wouldn’t be happy to receive a “thank you” message. A TouchNote Thanksgiving card is the perfect way to show your gratitude and admiration for one another this November. Here are a handful of ideas you can use to say thank you.
What to write to your friends
Your friends are some of the most important people in your life. Even if you’re not able to share your Thanksgiving with them, express your gratitude for your friendship with a Thanksgiving message.
- “To my partner in crime, thank you for being the best person in my life and someone to create an endless amount of memories with”
- “Thanksgiving is a time for reflection on our blessings. Your friendship means the world to me and I am blessed to have you in my life”
- “I am most thankful for friends like you this Thanksgiving”
- “Thank you for being there to help me through the bad decisions, the late nights and the boys I’ve cried over”
- “Forget Thanksgiving, happy Friendsgiving!”
- “I should tell you this more than once a year, but I want to let you know that I appreciate you every single day. Happy Thanksgiving!”
What to write to your family
Whether you’re joining your family for a feast this Thanksgiving or celebrating from afar, a heartfelt Thanksgiving message goes a long way. Even if you’re newlyweds or in a civil relationship, let those who are nearest and dearest to you know you’re thankful for them.
- “I am so grateful for such an incredible family. Thank you for everything you have done for me”
- “It’s been a tough year for me and I appreciate that you have stuck by me each step of the way. Happy Thanksgiving!”
- “We may have our ups and downs but I’m so thankful to call you my family”
- “I wish you a day full of feasting, laughing and loving one another. I cannot wait to create more Thanksgiving memories with you”
- “Happy Thanksgiving! May the holiday bring you an abundance of positivity that stays with you”
What to write to your partner
On a day like today, always remember to show gratitude towards your significant other (unless you want a turbulent dinner). Send your partner a Thanksgiving card and tell them how special they are.
- “I’m grateful that I get to wake up next to you every single day. Thank you for being such an amazing [x].
- “I was asked what I am thankful for. I immediately thought of you and smiled. I am thankful for your love”
- “This time every year I’m reminded of how thankful I am to have you in my life”
- “Thank you for being part of my story. I cannot wait to see what the next chapter holds”
- “You are the light in my life. Here’s to many more years of creating Thanksgiving memories together”
- “Thank you for the sacrifices you have made for me and everything you have done for me. I love you”
What to write to those you can’t be with
There will always be people who won’t be able to spend time with you at Thanksgiving. Whatever the circumstances, remember to send a thank you to those who you can’t be with and remind them that you’re thankful for them being in your life (even at a distance).
- “Even though I’m not thankful for the distance between us, I am thankful for knowing you”
- “Our homes might be miles apart, but our hearts are always close”
- “Although you can’t make it this year, you will be here in spirit. I’ll make sure to eat your share of the food”
- “I hope your Thanksgiving is spent with the people you love. Let’s try and get together next year!”
- “Happy Thanksgiving to all of my favourite people. Hopefully, I can spend it with you all next year. (Remember: Don’t let dad do the cooking!)”
- “Today, we remember to thank those who are in our lives. Wherever you are this Thanksgiving, I hope it’s one to remember”
What to write as a joke
Who doesn’t love a pun or an awful joke? If you know they will appreciate a giggle, you’ll want to add a humorous Thanksgiving message to your card.
- “You’re not fooling anyone in those jeans. Get in your comfiest pants and start eating your body weight in turkey!”
- “You might be thankful today, but tomorrow you’ll be at the front of the queue for the Black Friday sales!”
- “3 things are inevitable on Thanksgiving – eating too much, having family arguments, and the Detroit Lions losing”
- “Every time I come home for Thanksgiving, I remember why I moved so far away”
- “I hope that I wake up from my Thanksgiving food coma just in time for the Christmas food coma”
- “I know it’s taken you hours to prepare our Thanksgiving dinner, but I am going to inhale it in seconds”
Send Thanksgiving cards with TouchNote.
Furthermore, you can make your Thanksgiving card even more personal by creating a custom-made card with TouchNote. With worldwide delivery offered on all cards, there’s no excuse not to say thank you with TouchNote this Thanksgiving.
Kick-off the holiday season with thanks by sending a special Thanksgiving card and spreading kindness with TouchNote today.